Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Morning...

I woke up unexpectedly this morning at 7:30 am, I guess my body is still on school week time. I could have rolled over and tried to sleep longer, but instead I turned on the television. It's one of those times in the day where I get to watch anything I want. So, I flipped to the Food Network, my go to channel.
I saw some pretty good looking food being made, including a bread pudding made with store bought cinnamon rolls. I've got to tell you how much that made my mouth water! It looked incredible. I've never had bread pudding in my life, but the thought of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice made me want to run to the grocery store! Pumpkin anything is a weakness for me. One day, I will make and post the recipe for the cinnamon bread pudding.

On another note after the movies yesterday we went grocery shopping. Which is different because we usually shop on Mondays, but it's about a half an hour drive to shop where we normally shop and if we were there we might as well pick up some extra stuff. I was unprepared while walking into the store. I knew we needed milk and coffee, but that was as far as I had planned. See, I'm the grocery list kind of person. I need it in my hand to know that I haven't forgotten anything. The boyfriend asked if I wanted to pick out some dinners to make. Again being totally unprepared, that was like running into a brick wall. We ended up getting some ground beef because I can do a lot with that. We also picked up some prepackaged food; some nights it's just easier to do. Finally, we got boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I told him I would figure something out interesting to make with them. Which is my current problem. I don't know what to do with them! I've been searching the internet and watching the Food Network hoping someone will create something easy and delicious looking that I can make with this chicken breast. Yikes, hopefully he won't want chicken for dinner tonight!

I posted about our faucet and how it was leaking, creating a nice puddle and an equally as nice smell from under the kitchen sink on Wednesday. We finally got it replaced and it looks wonderful! I'm actually much happier doing dishes now( yikes, happier doing dishes! I know...). I better continue on my chicken recipe search. I promise I'll start on that memo board today...

No comments:

Post a Comment